We value our patients' experience at Chaney Chiropractic Clinic. If you are currently a chiropractic patient, please feel free to complete the following Client Experience Questionnaire. The Questionnaire is in Adobe Acrobat format, and requires the free Acrobat Reader to view.
Dr William Chaney
Your Spring Hill Chiropractor
"Everyone that works at Chaney Chiropract
- Betty R.
"Dr. Chaney and his staff are excellent!
- Kimberly E.
"If u have back pain this is where u need to go period!"
- Meredith M.
"Thank you Dr Chaney for working me in your schedule today. Great staff and excellent treatment. I highly recommend this office."
- Sabrina F.
"Awesome, friendly staff! Dr. Chaney has helped me go from barely being able to stand to running again"
- Mark B.
"Thanks for taking great care of me today! I got the works and feel a 100 times better."
- Bridget T.
"Clone Dr. Chaney so I can get twice as much excellent treatment. Love this office staff."
- Linda P.
"Very friendly and comfortable environment. Helps a bad situation feel a little better."
"I have been a patient for nine years and I know I can count on Dr. Chaney to cease my pain. If I don't have an appointment and I am in pain, I know all I have to do is make a phone call and the staff can always fit me in."
- Fran O.
"Staff & Doctor was excellent. Thank you for your kindness."
- Dorothy C.
"Fantastic office! I recommend every chance I get!!"
- Gloria M.
"I enjoy my visits and feel as if it's getting better."
- Robert L.
"Continue on the positive path you are on. This is a very giving, caring staff. I wished every doctor's office was this professional. Thanks. :)"
- Gail M.
"Definitely glad I was recommended by someone to try Dr. Chaney Chiropractor, he and his fabulous staff have taken care of me since I started going there, they treat you like family, my issues with my lower back and swelling in my right ankle have gotten so much better and I thank them for that, I totally recommend Dr. Chaney Chiropractor."
"Everyone there cares about how you are feeling, they want to make you feel better, very caring Staff!!!!"
- Melinda P.
"Always a great experience. Office staff are top notch. Help you with whatever you need."
- Anthony A.
"Always friendly and courteous."
- Elizabeth H.
"Dr. Chaney and his staff are always very polite and helpful when I need an adjustment. I know when I'm in pain Dr. Chaney will take great care on making sure I get the right treatment. I always walk out feeling much better and know when ever I need an adjustment I can count on Dr. Chaney and his staff to take care of my needs. Life is Good. I am never disappointed in the care i have received from Dr. Chaney and his staff. Excellent"
- Linda S.
"Dr. Chaney helped my back so much. I highly recommend him. If I ever have pain again in my back or anywhere else I will definitely go back to Chaney Chiropractor."
- Judith M.C.
"I can always count on Dr. Chaney to know how to give me relief from my problems and get my life back on track once again! Dr. Chaney and staff are the best!"
"I've been using Dr. Chaney for over 10 years and have always had excellent results."
- June G.
"Staff great. Friendly and always work with me with scheduling when I need an appointment. Have been going to Dr. Chaney for several years and will continue going to him."
- Christine M.
"Dr. Chaney is very thorough and explains each step in detail making sure I have no unanswered questions. His staff are equally competent and polite, which seems like a rarity in Spring Hill. I've been to several chiropractors over the years but find this practice to be the best! Highly recommend him."
- Donna M.G.
- Neil F.
- Alvin W.
"As always, I crawl into the office and WALK out. MAGIC!"
- Lisa Y.
"I have been a patient of Dr. Chaney for years... I would recommend him to all my friends and family. I can walk each day three miles and feel great... His whole staff are wonderful and caring. "
- Mary B.
"They are very caring to all their patients."
- Marcia G.
"Neat, clean. Friendly staff. Quick service. Asks about problems and fixes. Good experience!"
- Susan B.
"I thought everyone on the staff was friendly and competent. I did not expect a miracle but the visit came closer than I expected. I will happily return."
- Leslie F.
"Excellent service, thank you."
- Dina C.B.
"I always leave here feeling 120% better and laughing. Everyone here is so good - they make you laugh and Doc works magic."
- Kathy R.
"Extremely thorough and professional, with a wonderful twist of friendly."
- Donna B.
"Very friendly office atmosphere. Dr. Chaney knows how to fix my back and neck so I can keep on moving."
- Sandra E.
"I wasn't able to finish my therapy due to a job move but everything was exceptional from the patient support to equipment they had on hand. One of the best places I have used in 30 years."
- Kyle S.
"The entire staff are helpful and courteous. Dr. Chaney keeps me on my feet!"
- Gerald R.
"As usual the staff here is fantastic. Dr. Chaney is wonderful and takes the time to help you."
- Kathleen B.
"Dr. Chaney is an awesome chiropractor and his staff is amazing as well."
- Stephen C.
"Did a great job with good information. Felt a lot better when I left. Nice staff, very friendly. Thanks."
- Susan B.
- Emily D.
"Always good. Staff are friendly and Dr. Chaney is an expert."
- Rose S.
"I found Dr. Chaney and his staff to be very professional and friendly. I only had one visit but I feel I will be helped with my issues at Dr. Chaney's office."
- Florence K.
"Wonderful staff. Great Dr!!! Thank you for all you do!"
- Gregory J.
"Excellent, great atmosphere, progressive"
- Patricia P.
Attention New Patients!
From December 1 - 22nd if you bring in at least one toy for Toys for Tots you will receive the following at NO CHARGE!
Consultation with the doctor
Report of Findings
Please call our office for specifications and details.
Call us for an appointment today!
Everyone was helpful and very polite and cordial I was thrilled with Dr. Chaney's treatment, I'm sure he will get my back where I need to be. Thanks again.
- Conie L. B. / Spring Hill, FL
Spring Hill Office Hours
10 Things Most People Don’t Know About Chiropractic
1. Pain is the last symptom of dysfunction. A patient’s back is often restricted or unstable for months or years before it presents as a problem and they show up in a chiropractor’s office. In addition, the absence of pain is not health. While medication may be needed, if you take a pill and the pain goes away, the dysfunction that caused it still persists. Muscle, ligament and joint injuries often occur as a result of long-term biomechanical dysfunction, sometimes from past injuries, making the area more susceptible to future injury.
2. Athletes use chiropractors to stay well and perform better, not just for the occasional injury. Athletes choose chiropractors because we are movement specialists. Chiropractors were spotted all over the Olympic coverage last year, and top athletes such as Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, Tom Brady, Evander Holyfield, and Arnold Schwarzenegger have all been proud patients of chiropractors. These days it’s far more common than not for major athletes and sports teams to keep chiropractors nearby to help prevent injuries, speed injury recovery, improve balance and coordination, and give them a greater competitive edge.
3. The body does not perform as a cluster of separate mechanisms, but rather a cascade of events that all starts with proper control by the nervous system. The nerves that travel through and control every function of your body originate at the spinal cord and their transmission may be disrupted if the joints of the surrounding spinal column are not moving properly. This disruption in biomechanical integrity combined with altered physiological function is what chiropractors call a subluxation. Below is a chart that illustrates the relationship of the spinal nerves exiting the vertebra branching off to the various organ systems. You can see why it is not uncommon for a chiropractor to treat a patient with mid-back pain who also suffers from irritable bowel system, a patient with a subluxated sacrum who has been unsuccessfully trying to become pregnant, or a patient with an upper back fixation and acid reflux.
4. Doctors don’t do the healing. Sorry to disappoint you, but a chiropractor will never fix your back. What we are able to do is restore proper motion in the joints, which relieves tension on the nerves and muscles and allows your body to do the healing that it is inherently made to do. As chiropractors, we believe that the body is a perfect organism in its natural state, and all disease comes from a disruption in the body’s proper transmission of signals by the nerves which affects its ability to heal and to defend against disease-causing agents. We never treat disease. We assess to find which spinal levels are causing the disfunction, and we adjust it to restore proper nerve flow so the nervous system may work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
5. Chiropractic is for all ages. Many seniors aren’t aware of the benefits of chiropractic care which can help them not only with pain relief, but also increase range of motion, balance and coordination, and decrease joint degeneration. There’s no patient too young for chiropractic either! Chiropractors check infants moments after birth for misalignments of the upper vertebrae that may occur as a result of the birth process. In addition to supporting overall health and well-being, parents also take their children to chiropractors to encourage healthy brain and nervous system development, to assist with colic, asthma, allergies, bed-wetting and sleeping problems, and to assist with behavioral disorders.
6. We know about more than your backbone! This surprises many people who had no idea that chiropractors give advice on nutrition, fitness, ergonomics and lifestyle, screen for conditions unrelated to the musculoskeletal system and refer out to other practitioners when necessary. Chiropractors are also able to complete specialties in other areas such as pediatrics, sports rehabilitation, neurology, clinical nutrition, and addictions and compulsive disorders.
Other than particular specialties and the differences in learning to adjust and learning to prescribe medication, our training hours are not dissimilar from that of medical doctor. The following are the classroom hours for basic science requirements compiled and averaged following a review of curricula of 18 chiropractic schools and 22 medical schools.
7. Successful chiropractic patients accept responsibility. When somebody says that they tried chiropractic and it didn’t help, I cringe and get the feeling that they really missed the boat. Of course, there are cases with complicating factors, but I have heard this from people with straightforward chiropractic problems when it is very clear what has happened here. In most cases, one doesn’t acquire back pain over night, and it’s not going to go away over night. If a weak core from years of sitting at your desk is to blame for the additional stress on your joints, I would expect an adjustment to provide relief, but once the condition is no longer exacerbated, I would most definitely prescribe some exercises for you to do at home. I might also suggest we evaluate your nutrition if I suspect an inflammatory diet may be wiring you for pain. Sure, I’m always happy to adjust someone, but if you’ve been given homework and you don’t do it, remember that this has to be a team effort!
8. Chiropractic may help you get sick less. Studies have indicated that adjustments consistently reduce the production of pro-inflammatory mediators associated with tissue damage and pain, and may also enhance the production of immunoregulatory complexes important for healthy immune system defense. As far back as the deadly flu pandemic of 1917-1918, chiropractors noticed that their patients seemed to have fewer fatalities than among the general population and were able to publish their work in an osteopathic journal since no scholarly journals were accepting chiropractic data. The estimated death rate among patients of conventional medical care in the U.S. was estimated at 5 to 6 percent while the fatality rate among influenza cases receiving spinal adjustments was estimated at 0.25%.
9. “I heard I’ll have to go forever” is a myth. You may want to go to your chiropractor forever once you’ve started because you didn’t realize how great getting adjusted is, but your doctor won’t expect you to come for continuous care without symptoms. Generally, if you come in with pain, once you’ve been treated for your initial complaint, you’ll be scheduled for a few more appointments to make sure proper motion is being maintained, then it will be recommended you return occasionally to be checked just like you would go to the dentist to get checked for tartar buildup and cavities. Of course, many people still choose to see their chiropractor weekly or monthly for wellness or maintenance care.
10. Adjustments don’t hurt. There is no bone snapping or warrior-style pulling heads off spinal columns! The neck adjustment some chiropractors use causes anticipation for many new patients, but is actually much more gentle than they imagined, and involves a quick, direct thrust to a specific spinal bone. The sound an adjustment makes is called a cavitation and is only space being created within the joint causing gasses to be released from the joint capsule, which creates the popping or cracking noise. Also, chiropractic adjustments will not wear out your joints, as some imagine because they have been warned not to “crack their knuckles” for this reason in the past. Adjustments, unlike “knuckle cracking” or having your friend stomp on you while you lay on the carpet, are applied specifically to improve the motion of your joints and limit the small dysfunctions that over time can lead to arthritis. Most people after an adjustment describe the feeling as being “lighter”, having greater ease in moving the body, and being able to stand up taller.
References: omaleydc.wordpress.comPlease call to inquire if interested. 352-686-6385